• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What wheel tire combo will fit 2 Door Tahoe 6.5?

aLpHaSuRf

Reaction score
IMG_1445.JPG Okay, this is my first time posting in this section. I just picked up a 2 Door 6.5 Tahoe. She currently sits on the stock 16x7 wheels with 265/70/16 tires.

I don't mind keeping the stock wheels but I want a more aggressive look. The reason I don't mind keeping the stock wheels is that I'm not really crazy for most after market wheels they produce these days.

I'm not too sure if I want to do any type of body lift or suspension lift. A lift might come later on down the line. For now I need some help with trying to figure out how to get my more aggressive look with the good old OEM stock wheels.

I want to see if I can add a spacer to the fronts and back to make them stick out a bit. Or can I just buy wider tires? She currently has 265's I would like to go with 285 or 295 if possible for some more ground clearance. But I want the wheels to stick out of the wells at least bare minimum 1 inch.

How can I do this with no trimming, cutting or rubbing? Is this even possible?

My girls 5.7 has 305/70/16 and I really like how it looks.

Thanks all.

I have load range E, LT265/75R16's on our Tahoe

Any pics I can see?

So you want your tires to stick out so they can throw crap all over your paint job?

Lmao... good point. I did think of that. I just though I can add some mud flaps to prevent that but if I'm going to ruin the paint I'll stay away from the wider aggressive look.

The way she sits now she drives awesome. Maybe I'll just put tires to get a little more ground clearance. I would like to see some pics though of some aggressive looking 6.5s if yall have them.

I'll have to look to see if I have any pics. I could not find any that showed a side view

I don't think a 1/4" shim plate would hurt anything. I ran 1 1/2" on the suburban for a while.

Just make sure you get high quality parts if you go that route. I would not trust the aluminum parts. OK for shim plates

Back