• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What transmissions are pretty much a plug and play swap for our 98 K2500 TD Suburban?

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
The transmission in our 1998 K2500 Turbo diesel Suburban is toast. What transmissions would be pretty much a plug and play swap or minor adaptations?

1998 and newer?

There was a 2000 K3500 CC dually for sale with a knock in the engine fairly reasonable. Would the trans work?

4l85E?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/3528026394.html

Gmc 1 Ton 4 Door Parts or Fix (bourbon,mo)

Date: 2013-01-07, 5:10AM CST
Reply to this post [email protected][?]
2000 gmc 1 ton dually 4 door,BAD 6.5 turbo diesel(motor runs but knocks),good auto transmission with b&m shift improver,leather interior has some damage on drivers seat,pw,ps,pl,tilt,cruise,factory cd,tinted rear windows,body has a few dings,could use drivers door,bed in decent shape with a few dings from work,like new rear tires,clear title,i am asking $1800.00 obo,will consider trades or part out,for more info please call,573-205-6981 **** NO TEXT ****

180,000 miles

Seems a little high in price for me.

Just had my trans rebuilt last summer. I asked a friend mechanic if he knew anyone who would rebuild my trans. He hooked my up with a local guy who rebuilt my trans and added a hard part or two for $950.

Back