• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What to do as far as a performance upgrade?

WhitetailAddict

Recruit
Reaction score
I have been looking for a performance upgrade for my D-Max lately. I have gotten used to the stock power and need more, also increased fuel economy is a concern. I was looking on ebay and saw some used Edge juice w/attitude boxes for around $200, also saw some Quadzilla 215's for around the same. I have a friend that will tune it with his EFI, probably for the cost of a license. He has an LLY and is more familiar with them.
I want EFI Live but I don't have the money right now with work slowing and fuel being expensive.
I currently have the stock trans with no plans to upgrade until I sell my old Chevy.
What would you guys suggest?

I just bought EFI LIVE and I will be tuning on it as soon as I get home for R and R. I have an LBZ with a stock Alli and I wil be doing about a 425-450 horse tune to be on the safe side, until the Alli comes out an dheads to ATS for the steriod treatment. If you want efi just wait and get efi it will do anything and everything you wnat it to do.

Thanks guys. Those are some impressive numbers on just intake/exhaust/tuner Rydnhi. I have looked at the PPE and it seems like a good tuner. The Predator is a new one to me I never heard much about them, might have to do some research.

Bigblock enjoy the vacation and the new truck. I believe that might be the wisest choice, leave it alone until I can get the EFI. I should just put the money into more advertising for my 71 and sell it first then get EFI and build the trans.

Back