• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What Size Wheels Would You Run??

What Size Wheel Would You Run??

• 16"

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • 16.5"

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 17"

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 17.5"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 18"

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 19.5"

• 20"

• 22"

• 22.5"

• 24"

• Other

• Total voters
I'm quite happy with my set of stock 16" PYO's, think they make the old BURB look purty nice. Had them on there for over 9 years now.

Kind of dated to the truck. I like the stock size wheels. I usually go a little bigger than OE on the tire though.

I favor plenty of rubber showing. My 16" PYOs with 285s look just about right to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535

19.5, 22.5, or 24.5 Alcoa wheels. No one will question the weight rating of those and when done right they look pretty good IMO. Not to mention those tires will last forever on a pickup.

source unknown

19.5, 22.5, or 24.5 Alcoa wheels. No one will question the weight rating of those and when done right they look pretty good IMO. Not to mention those tires will last forever on a pickup.

source unknown

Don't the Medium Duty Tires give a pretty firm Ride when used on Truck like ours though?

I am a huge fan of stock. :)

16 inch PY0s are fine looking wheels.

I did pick up a set of 4 factory 17 inchers from a 08 GMC Duramax with caps and 30 percent Nitto Terra Grapplers for 275 bucks, so the 93 4wd will get those. :)

16.5x9.75 rims wrapped with 33-12.50x16.5 rubber was always my favorite combination. I was bummed when I learned the 16.5 tire market was going away, so I got out while the getting was good. I voted for 16.5, but I'm running 16s now. I've not warmed up to them yet.

I've found 18" are pretty versatile, can fit a lot of tire, but not too much sidewall for towing, keeps things from getting too squirrelly.

Back