• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What order to mod truck??

Knowing what I know now, I would do it like this:

1. Block the EGR
  2. Reroute the PCV
  3. Slap on a TxC CAI and stay with a stock filter
  4. Start using a fuel additive - pick one from the famous Spicer lubricity study (search the 'net, it's everywhere)
Now you've invested all of $65-$80. Next:

1. Exhaust
  2. Tuner (OK... I did these in reverse, but I kept the Predator at the economy tune or lower until I got my exhaust)
  3. Gauges
  4. Etc...
FYI... Arlen Spicer has done a filter study too that shows the AC Delco is (or at least was at the time, which is maybe a year ago) the hands down best filter for our trucks.

When I was asking the same question nearly a year ago, I had lots of guys telling me the first thing to buy was a set of gauges. Others said the exhaust. But I'd start with a couple of simple things that keep the engine clean and breathing well, then go to the performance stuff. Good luck!

The thing with doing the exhaust first is that you have something fun to play with. It sounds great and while it doesnt add tons of power, it certainly makes it seem like it has a lot more.

This way you have something fun to play with until you have enough money for the next mod.

The gauges are always fun to watch too.

Does annyone have any info on EGR blockoff plate,OR kit? Also interested in rerouting PCV. For my 06 LBZ.

Back