• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What OBDII PC based scanner/software?

great white

Reaction score
I've got a fairly wide selection of OBDII PC scanner programs already.

What seems to work best with the 96-98 OBDII Diesel trucks?

As in:

Reading the most parameters, data logging, PID support, etc.

I've got autoenginuity somewhere amongst a couple dozen other OBDII programs. It's ver 6."something or other". (*edit* found it, ver 6.0.2. Circa 2008) I've never messed with it much so I'm not sure how well it works with OBDII diesels, hell I don't even know where it is right now...

I wish two way programming was possible, but I just don't have a couple grand to drop right now.

Looks like you have whats available. Autoengenuity and Carcode are the ones talked about here.

Some may not have all the correct multipliers and all the right parameters like TDCO. AE and Carcode seem to, but Carcode seems as though you have to learn its quirks.

They are designed for gasser to check the sensor readings and figure out which sensor is bad. There are too many sensors in american gasser that can go wrong after about 100k miles.

Back