• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What motor was in the 06?

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
What motor was in the 06 Powerstrokes? I like them body styles, just curious :thumbsup:

2003 - 2007 is the 6.0 L

6.4L came out in 08' and will stay until the scorpion Ford Diesel comes out...

Of course you know about the 6.0 PSD having a few ahem...problems Justin.
Just sayin'.

I too really like that body style. I'm a fan of the King Ranch trim level. But like what has been said, the 6.0L tends to like to puke coolant quite a bit, bust head studs, etc. I looked at one or two before. Really liked the looks, but didn't like the service record. A 7.3L would be the one I would look at.

I know the Cummins is the engine of choice when doing a swap in a Super Duty, but what would be the possibilitly of swaping in a Dmax in it? Both are V-8's. Am I missing something that would hold someone up doing this? Or is it just that the Cummins are so easy to get and easy to work with when it comes to making HP? I think that a Dmax Super Duty would be great.

its all about the stupid electronics. DMAX would be a hell of a swap but it would really hard to get all the sensors and computer to work together

its all about the stupid electronics. DMAX would be a hell of a swap but it would really hard to get all the sensors and computer to work together

Okay. I thought since you can fit an Ally under the Super Duty and mat it to a Cummins, I figured you could fit a Duramax under the hood, but didn't think about all the electronics. Maybe if I have unlimited resources one day, I'll try it out!):h

The job 2 trucks don't have all of those problems, nearly as bad. There are lots of late model chipped 6.0 trucks running around without any problems.

What is a "Job 2" truck?

It refers to the year made of that particular vehicle/motor. So 03 is job 1 and 04 is job 2, etc.

Every make and model has problems the first year and the 6.0 definitely had it's share hence the separation of International and Ford.

I heard that the 06's were good running motors. They sound good I think.

Back