• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what is this module for?

chessie 6.5

Reaction score
Done some searching on Alldata, but couldn't find answer. When you remove glove box liner(1994 K2500 6.5f), at 6 oclock, there is a white module, approx 1/2 inch thick, 4x4 inches with room for two plugs. One plug (about 8 to 10 pins) and an empty 4 pin socket. Any ideas? :thinking:What would the empty socket be for? Thanks

in my 94 its just sitting behind glove box not with the PCM

and both connectors are used one has only one wire on it. i dont have my laptop to tell you what it is but if your speedo is working but having shift issues then its the line that goes to PCM to tell it how fast you are going

funny thing is.... last week,I was looking at that article about modifying the speed sensor for larger tires. Even ordered the dip switches for it. The unit in the pics didn't register. Now, at least, I won't have to tear dash apart looking for it. Thanks guys for the quick replies.:thumbsup:

funny thing is.... last week,I was looking at that article about modifying the speed sensor for larger tires. Even ordered the dip switches for it. The unit in the pics didn't register. Now, at least, I won't have to tear dash apart looking for it. Thanks guys for the quick replies.:thumbsup:

Lawl....that's on my "to do" list too!

I've done it with all my gasser 88-98 trucks to correct the speedo...:thumbsup:

Back