• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what is the best guage face match to GMT 400?

thanks for the info minisub, i will be sure to check it out!

also, how would you rank guages in terms or quality/reliability? (price is always a factor for me, but if it is better, I am willing)

is it roughly
1) Isspro
2) Auto Meter
3) Stewart Warner

1 being the best? feel free to add to the list to include all other known guage makers.

Black Face/Red Pointer/Black Bezel is the one you feel? I might be going with it just because of the performax system. that is pretty cool

Their standard gauges are available with the black bezel and orange pointer that match nicely.

This is the pyro I am using (part # R607VW) It is available with a different yellow and red range for pre-turbo installs. This one is for downpipe installs:
R607VW.jpg

This is the boost gauge I am using (Part # R8611R):
R8611R.jpg

I used a VDO boost gauge in the dash, mainly because it was cheap and reads 0-15, the pyro isn't in the pic but is just stuck below the dash. It's a white face Autometer, using it because it was free.

IMG_0202.jpg

No, I am pretty sure not. Sorry to get you on that line, I just took a quick look at their site; saw the same face and threw that out there. The Perfomax seem to be all electronic/stepper motor guages. The ones I have are just basic mechanical ones. Fine for a 6.5 I think...

Back