• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What does your truck weigh?

07HDClassic

Reaction score
I stopped in at a truck stop that was closed and drove over the scales because I was curious what my truck weighed. I scaled in at 8240 lbs. I had 2 people and their bags, a set of 235/85/16 tires and steel wheels for Devin, my canopy was on the truck, and my tool box had its usual things in it.

Has anyone else weighed their truck with the average amount of stuff you have in it daily?

i did once long while back, with me and not much else it was 7200 lbs. meaning i had approx 2000lbs of carrying capacity to be within the 9200lb gvwr. i think with plow and sand in the bed i go well over that. :( plow is 930 lbs. 3/4 yard of sand/salt mix in bed.

I was right at 7340# at the scales after I unloaded some scrap stainless steel. I have a full set of tools in the toolbox for most any problems on a machine in the field.

last time I hit the scales is was 7,00 give or take. that was me a buddy and my usual stuff. add some fuel to that and I'm well over the 7 mark LOL

Empty of everything and on fumes, without me in it was 6600 lbs. EC SB.

My 2 runs through the scales in Lewiston last summer

3/4 tank of gas, empty truck, 2 adults, 2 kids = 7,550 lbs

Full tank of gas, 8' cabover camper with 1/2 tank of water, 1 adult = 10,000 lbs

camper1.jpg

My CCSB with me in it and a couple hundred pounds of random tools weighs around 8000-8100lbs (according to the truck pull scales this fall).

Probably due to the H2's+315's, misc. interior stuff, air compressor, linex, all the lights, inverter, computer, a hundred pounds for the subwoofers and amp, and the rest is miles and miles of wiring.

I was right at 7340# at the scales after I unloaded some scrap stainless steel. I have a full set of tools in the toolbox for most any problems on a machine in the field.

Hey, thats what mine weighed at one time. 4140 LBS on front axle and 3200 LBS. on the rear axle. Of course thats with a Century Cover on it and my tools in the back. I have not weighed it since I put the Ranch Hand Grill Guard on though. Guess it would add 120 to 150 more pounds to the steering.

06 CCSB with Myself, a buddy full fuel and a toolbox with misc tools and maint items came to 7980.
Front: 4580
Rear: 3400
Total: 7980

Brandon and I went back to that scale again tonight. My truck with me, a friend, my toolbox, and in-bed fuel tank weighed 7,880 lbs.

I should also note that is with my PY0s, stock sized tires, and half a tank of fuel.

Back