• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What does this do?

TruckDude94

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I have a quick question (I know I might sound like a newbie). what does this little black knob do? this pic is on a 302 efi, but the location of it is the same on my 351. Is it the adjustment for the iac? it is right by the valve. I will do a long overdue post with pics of my F150 I got in Feb here soon
38592480005_large.jpg

Hey y'all,

I have a quick question (I know I might sound like a newbie). what does this little black knob do? this pic is on a 302 efi, but the location of it is the same on my 351. Is it the adjustment for the iac? it is right by the valve. I will do a long overdue post with pics of my F150 I got in Feb here soon
View attachment 38674

From what I can tell it is the cap for the A/C line connection. It should unscrew and is not a knob.

It is the breather for the IAC. It pops right off,and has a foam filter inside.

I have a stupid question...What's the coffee can found under the hood of almost every Ford from those years? Is it a vacuum reservoir or something?

I have a stupid question...What's the coffee can found under the hood of almost every Ford from those years? Is it a vacuum reservoir or something?

That is the vacuum canister, told my buddy one time that it looked like Ford took an old folgers can and painted it black and used it lol

Back