• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you do with your waste oil?

merlin5577

Diesel > Gasoline
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks on here do there own maintenance, and that got me thinking, what do you do with your waste oil? I mean engine, trans, axles, t-cases, etc... Return it to the store? Burn it? Recycle it?

:nanawrench:

The town I live in has a recycling center. They have a big concrete tank you dump waste oil into.

Last edited:
There are some shops around here that have waste oil burners, so we're going to sell it to them.

I give it to a friend with a waste oil burner. When he doesn't want it our town takes it with the rest of the curb-side recyling.

I was pretty sure most every state requires that anyone that sells new oil must accept waste oil free of charge.

Knew a guy once that painted his fence with it. Damn thing was ancient but was in remarkably good shape...;)

I pour it into a 5 gallon gas can because the drain pan is a pain in the ass to carry around and take it to autozone when I buy fresh oil.

Fence paint, coat various areas of farm equipment after use, soak stumps for burning out, accelerant for burn piles, more fence paint and other outside wood preservative projects. If I didn't have those things to do, I'd recycle it.

I feed it to the manatees, they don't really like it, but so what, what are they gonna do about it?

I just return it to Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts. They are more then happy to take it back. Next time I do an oil change, I'm going to check to see if they will take the oil filter as well. I triple bag them when I throw them out.

I feed it to the manatees, they don't really like it, but so what, what are they gonna do about it?

Oh damn Berk, I've been laughing for the past few minutes now. That is hilarious.

I drain it into pan, then into an old 2.5 gal jug, from there it goes somewhere downtown to a collection drum.

On post they have a truck/car maintenance center with lifts that they charge $7 an hour to use. I change my oil their and they take my used oil free of charge. They also crush and drain the oil filter.

The lift sure makes changing oil easy! :thumbsup:

Dang it!

You beat me to the sarcasm...

I was gonna say dump it in the drainage ditch out front of my house... :D

of course yours was better...:thumbsup:

I pour it in the mole trails in my back yard. The little bastards will never go back there again...):h

Back