• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you BBQ with?

What do you BBQ with?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by Bernie.....

Thanks Bernie :notworthy:

This should be a hot one...
:hihi:

What do you BBQ with?

• Gas (propane/natural gas/etc.)
  • Charcoal
  • Electric
  • other (explain)

This is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Propane here, because it's what I have. I like charcoal, but having a propane grill means I can quickly grill up some chicken for dinner when the mood strikes, and not have to wait for the coals to be ready.

I use a Phoenix Grill(propane) best all stainless grill ever made... they don't make the welded all stainless one like i have now, since they've been bought out though...

I'm looking at their infrared searing side burner, but for $400 I think I may pass...

I have been a propane person for years and by summers end that will cease also. I have purchased a new natural gas grill that will be hooked up to the house. I had a brick base built and will be cutting granite this week I hope for the top of my new built in grill. I do plan on posting pictures when I get going. I grill 300 days a year and decided now that I am single I will have what I need to do what I want so I spent the bucks on a great stainless with rotisseree and back burner so I can do chicken, prime rib and not ever have to fill bottle again. Guess I am getting old!

I've got a propane grill on the porch for doing chicken, steaks,pork chops, and such, but the REAL cooking is done via charcoal base,laurel oak, and hickory wood firebox. I'm big into smoking meats though, and propane just can't give that smoke flavor even with wood chips.

Weber kettle for me but I'm thinking about getting a gas grill when fall closeouts come around since I have a natural gas valve for it on my patio that I installed and never used.

I use propane to light the Charcoal, Then put the Hickory on Low and slow
ribs.jpg

then Something to wash it down
still1.jpg

Apple Pie
pie.jpg

It's basically apple liquor- more like a beer. Dangerous stuff. It's like drinking Cider but only having a 35-40% alcohol content. I don't think it was distilled, just 'brewed' IIRC..

I remember having water well troubles in a cold cold February years back. These two good ol' boys showed up (took a reference from a friend :eek: ) with their bib overalls and 'shop truck' and proceeded to pull the submersible pump for an R+R. Every now and then they would take a nip of this stuff in a jar. ;) I asked them what it was, 'applejack!' I said, hmmm..

Came time to pay the guy, he didn't have a 10 dollar bill for change, but he handed me a jar of that stuff for the difference.. It was well worth 10 bucks. :thumbsup:

They way I make it there is about 4oz 190 proof in each jar, But tastes just like apple pie, Its killer, women love it then later they hate it

Other - people bbq for me, haha. I don't grill or bbq. (I almost feel like I'm losing a man card. I guess I'll cut down a tree or use a welder/torch today to make up for it.)

Back