• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What can I beat

MD Welding

Reaction score
Well, I have an 08 ext cab dually with edge racing on level 4 with a 4" downpipe back exhaust.

My question is should I be able to take out a mustang? I think my truck is pretty fast but I never drove a mustang. I do know someone that needs his a$$ handed to him. What's better than handing it to him in a dually?

I am even suprised how fast a dually can be.

there is a lot to take into consideration on this question like what year, is it a convertable cus they are heavier, can this person drive the car. ive raced a few people in mustangs and beat them cus they dont know when to shift and or "miss" a gear. but u do got a big truck. in a race anything can happen

Yeah the truck is big. It would make it even if he adds 2k to his car or if I can shed 2K. It's good to see a big dually give them a good run. It would be a sad day for anyone that gets beat by a dually.

It would raise his eye brows to see a big diesel dooley truck running right along side of him for a while though! Once he realizes he can't shake you, you will prove your point. ;)

I took one at LVMS ...twice. In my lb7, with 135hp tune in, spring clamps and nothing else done to truck. New body style mustang gt. My times were mid 14 and low 15. That was with an approx weight of 8500lbs.

Like ppl said, depends on the driver. Good driver in one of those can make them scream. Bad driver can make a stock diesel look fast....

depends on the model and the driver, the regular stang no problem, the GT with a shitty driver.... could go either way, GT with a good driver, nope! You need at least the hot 3 to out run a GT with a good driver but good drivers are far and few inbetween from what I have seen. As for the cobra, just smile and wave boys, smile and wave......you need more than a canned tune to play with that. Fastest I have been in my truck was picking on a convertible cobra, without accounting for my 285 tires the records on the evo read 137, I have no idea what that equates to from what the evo default tire size is, I am assuming a lil over 140, that can't be right huh? . He was surprised and impressed....as for me, you couldn't have driven a needle in my azz with a sledge hammer. Anyone ever find out where our trucks top out at as far as for top end?

depends on the model and the driver, the regular stang no problem, the GT with a shitty driver.... could go either way, GT with a good driver, nope! You need at least the hot 3 to out run a GT with a good driver but good drivers are far and few inbetween from what I have seen. As for the cobra, just smile and wave boys, smile and wave......you need more than a canned tune to play with that. Fastest I have been in my truck was picking on a convertible cobra, without accounting for my 285 tires the records on the evo read 137, I have no idea what that equates to from what the evo default tire size is, I am assuming a lil over 140, that can't be right huh? . He was surprised and impressed....as for me, you couldn't have driven a needle in my azz with a sledge hammer. Anyone ever find out where our trucks top out at as far as for top end?

McRat's found 175..... :D

Ive been 144 in stock motor duramax before. LMM with a tune, trans, and the usual goodies. Stock motor though. Probably only had another 5mph left as it was accelerating very slowly past 135.

My 03 lb7 got to 135 but that was it. Screaming at that speed too.... 1 less gear will do that.

lol at the needle in the ass.... :rofl:

Back