• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are you paying for Diesel Fuel?

What are you paying for Diesel Fuel?

• Over $4.50 Ggal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $4.00 - $4.50 Gal

• $3.50 - $3.99 Gal

• $3.00 - $3.50 Gal

• $2.50 - $2.99 Gal

• Under $2.50 Gal

• Total voters
That's just 'cause you're old, Ray... :pound: So am I... some of the first gas I bought was when I was mowing yards... and it was selling for $0.32 a gallon (I have no idea what diesel was back then).

X2... on all of it. The explanation I've heard has been the pressure on supplies of distillates for home heating oil, especially in the northeast. Well, I can tell you that I just got back from New Hampshire last weekend, and home heating oil is currently selling for under $3 a gallon up there... so what's the freakin' deal with #2 down here? Cheapest I've seen is $3.36 (though a cheap gas finder on MSN claims there's a station about 15 miles north of me currently selling for $3.19; not sure I believe 'em), and many of the stations are still selling for above $3.50 around here.

If people only realized the fuel surcharge they're paying on everything, they'd be so pissed... but when it's a few cents a pound here, a dollar extra there, they don't think about it. All they realize is that a hundred bucks worth of groceries only last 4-5 days instead of a week or more.

Fresh fruit, bread, dairy, meats, do you guys remember what the prices were just a year ago??? Not to mention every other thing you buy (besides fuel)...

Like Ray mentioned before, my father always reminds of how much cheaper fuel was and he laughs so hard he snorts! :pound:
Everything is way to expensive now, milk, fruit etc.

Paid $2.899 at Shell 2 days ago. I remember when I was a kid some stations would have "Gas Wars" and it would get down to $.10/gallon. When the gas war was over it would soar to $.18/gallon

It just went up from a low of 2.79 to *gulp* $2.95 overnight:mad:

Saw a guy filling up 55gal drums of diesel at the pumps when it was at 2.79 and was thinking to myself he should wait a few days and it will be cheaper yet...I should have been filling some of my own drums right behind him:doh:

It just went up from a low of 2.79 to *gulp* $2.95 overnight:mad:

Saw a guy filling up 55gal drums of diesel at the pumps when it was at 2.79 and was thinking to myself he should wait a few days and it will be cheaper yet...I should have been filling some of my own drums right behind him:doh:

I sure hope it doesn't start going back up..:mad:

I know, I love my truck but at times I cant afford to drive it when the prices are jacked sky high:mad:

Exactly. It's a big difference from spending $100 a fill up and now, I'm down to about $64. That's a good dinner.

Regular was $1.99 here. Thought I would never see that again...

It's been 2.88 for about 2 weeks here...:D

Hope it goes down though.

We are victims of what we call "The Parson's Tax". The problem is that one company pretty much either owns or supplies the fuel to most all of the stations here in town. Its almost a friggin monopoly.:doh::mad:

Back