• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are you paying for Diesel Fuel?

What are you paying for Diesel Fuel?

• Over $4.50 Ggal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $4.00 - $4.50 Gal

• $3.50 - $3.99 Gal

• $3.00 - $3.50 Gal

• $2.50 - $2.99 Gal

• Under $2.50 Gal

• Total voters
Just saw fuel for $3.36 at Wally World... which means you can get it for $3.33 if you're willing to go in and "fill your card" before you fill your tank.

Still a freakin' rip-off... but I can finally fill the tank for under a hundred bucks (thank God).

15 miles west in Frankfort Friday morning (3 days ago), the Speedway station was $3.95!!:mad: In Georgetown on the same day (14 miles east), it was $3.46... and 8 miles west of Frankfort at Flying J I bought fuel for $3.41. So... enough with that - I reported 'em to the Kentucky Attorney General.

That's still not as egregious as 50 miles north of there the weekend before - filled up in Georgetown for $3.46, then went camping in Madison Indiana - all the stations up there... [drum roll please...] $4.96!!! I reported them to the Indiana Attorney General.

I'd like to see somebody go to jail for this - this is criminal... but I guess I'm just :deadhorse:

I filled up for $3.40/gallon last Tuesday night. This is the lowest I've paid since last February.

The local Flying J is at $3.389 for #2 diesel today.

3.39 today awsome.

I've always kept of with mine on a Spreadsheet. Maybe I'm weird, but It's something to see how fuel prices change.

I have a application for my iPhone now which is really neat, it's like a computer for entering your mpg, odo, price, etc. That's also a neat way to keep up with it.

I keep a logbook in my truck where I have a record of every single gallon of fuel purchased, as well as all maintenance expenses.

Yes, I like to keep track of fuel prices and my fuel economy over time, but it sure has been depressing since the first of the year.

I keep a logbook in my truck where I have a record of every single gallon of fuel purchased, as well as all maintenance expenses.

Yes, I like to keep track of fuel prices and my fuel economy over time, but it sure has been depressing since the first of the year.

Totally agree. Remember the 2.00 Gallon days? :mad:

Diesel $2.95 tonight

I can sadly say that if Diesel stayed under $3 forever I'd be really happy. I'm pretty happy now with it at $3.48 ...which is also sad. It was only about $72 to fill up for me the last time....when I first bought the truck it was around $65 to fill.....getting closer! (Keep in mind I have the smaller tank).

Just cost me $64.00 to fill up..

It does beat $100 before..

Totally agree. Remember the 2.00 Gallon days? :mad:
Hell I remember when #2 diesel was 65 cents a gallon and gasoline was 75 cents. :mad2:

The thing that really burns me is that today Unleaded Regular is selling around here for $2.50 to $2.53, but #2 diesel is selling for $3.32 to $3.89 a gallon. I DO like the fact that prices have been dropping, but there is absolutely NO REASON why diesel fuel should be selling for $0.82 to $1.39 MORE than gasoline (That's more that 55% HIGHER than gasoline).

But since the majority of the general public is driving gas powered vehicles, they don't give a sh*t about the price of diesel fuel. They don't seem to care or realize that the high price of diesel fuel gets passed on to them in the form of higher prices for everything they buy since almost everything is ultimately delivered by diesel powered trucks.

Hell I remember when #2 diesel was 65 cents a gallon and gasoline was 75 cents. :mad2:

That's just 'cause you're old, Ray... :pound: So am I... some of the first gas I bought was when I was mowing yards... and it was selling for $0.32 a gallon (I have no idea what diesel was back then).

The thing that really burns me is that today Unleaded Regular is selling around here for $2.50 to $2.53, but #2 diesel is selling for $3.32 to $3.89 a gallon. I DO like the fact that prices have been dropping, but there is absolutely NO REASON why diesel fuel should be selling for $0.82 to $1.39 MORE than gasoline (That's more that 55% HIGHER than gasoline).

But since the majority of the general public is driving gas powered vehicles, they don't give a sh*t about the price of diesel fuel. They don't seem to care or realize that the high price of diesel fuel gets passed on to them in the form of higher prices for everything they buy since almost everything is ultimately delivered by diesel powered trucks.

X2... on all of it. The explanation I've heard has been the pressure on supplies of distillates for home heating oil, especially in the northeast. Well, I can tell you that I just got back from New Hampshire last weekend, and home heating oil is currently selling for under $3 a gallon up there... so what's the freakin' deal with #2 down here? Cheapest I've seen is $3.36 (though a cheap gas finder on MSN claims there's a station about 15 miles north of me currently selling for $3.19; not sure I believe 'em), and many of the stations are still selling for above $3.50 around here.

If people only realized the fuel surcharge they're paying on everything, they'd be so pissed... but when it's a few cents a pound here, a dollar extra there, they don't think about it. All they realize is that a hundred bucks worth of groceries only last 4-5 days instead of a week or more.

Fresh fruit, bread, dairy, meats, do you guys remember what the prices were just a year ago??? Not to mention every other thing you buy (besides fuel)...

Back