• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are these resistors that improve perf.

wlrdlr49

Reaction score
I see this guy selling these little black 2-wire boxes on ebay that boast improved horse power & fuel economy. I checked his feedback & several people stated that it was just a resistor that can be purchased from Radio Shack. I had another guy tell me about putting a resistor on my Peterbilt to do the same.Does anyone know what it is ,if it works & where do you install it? Thanx!!!

It has been covered by the other diesel forum.

It does not make any sense. However, if you want to try it feel free to do so.

all it supposedly does is trick the computer into believing iat is lower than what it is or something along those lines. don't waste yer money there are better ways to up the power on the 6.5 and those better ways are real. Ed

Depends where the resistor is added, if we are talking about a variable rate fuel control, that is total BS, if vendor is A-1 customs aka "Steaksauce" to many of us anything they sell is junk. If a variable boost control then that is another story, and there are ways to making that a go, but IMO t turbo master mechanical boost control does a better job, plus you can eliminate problematic vac pump, can you fill out your signature so we know what flavor of 6.5 we are advising on?

I see this guy selling these little black 2-wire boxes on ebay that boast improved horse power & fuel economy. I checked his feedback & several people stated that it was just a resistor that can be purchased from Radio Shack. I had another guy tell me about putting a resistor on my Peterbilt to do the same.Does anyone know what it is ,if it works & where do you install it? Thanx!!!

Get your money back! Our install it to your trash can. Get rid of it.

on gassers, I know ebay vendors selling resistors with heatshrink on em, installed on IAT sensor it would tell ecm that it was 32 degrees outside, so ecm would increase fuel for power.--for mileage, fool ecm that its 110 degrees and it pulls fuel back. sold for $10-$20 on a .89 to $1.10 resistor

Back