• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wester's Chip

NVW

Reaction score
I know, Heaths HP4. That is what I planned after all up grades were made but I was camping 20 miles away and couldn't help myself. It is a definite improvement while towing the camper. Now hills can be pulled 10 mph faster with no problem. Have boost set for about 12 psi towing. EGT are around 900* on a good pull. TCC locks up around 30 mph and stays locked unless you get into it. So far I like it, I have no 0-60 times yet for comparison, used to be 13.5 sec., scared to blow it up. Leo

Attaboy, leo... Lyndon does good work. Were you camping at Kinbrook Island or Tillebrook?

Kinbrook, my wife is from brooks so we camp there every year. Nice camp ground but the toilets are horrible, wish I could hold my breath for 3 min. like pearl divers. lol

2 words... Scott Pack.
scottpack.jpg

Try Tillebrook next year... drive to the lake to play, then leave. Tillebrook is a better campground, and you don't have to put up with the rowdies, either.

Last edited:
Actually, after 3-4 heaves everything is good to go, helps to have grown up in a dairy barn. Leo edit: maybe I'm one of the rowdies?

Last edited:
I'd give Lyndon a call if your that close, betcha there would be no charge to do a comparison........ he has an infloor dyno at the shop.

$429.00 cnd., for Wester's chip. 20 min. later it's done. For me there was no shipping or exchange so it was a good deal. I didn't have him tweak it so I don't know if it can be improved. He also has a tuned down version for $100,00 less I think. I have gauges so I went for full fuel and will run it by the gauges. I like it, it tows much better. When I'm feeling foolish and the wife isn't with me I'll do a 0-60 and see what it's done. Leo

Back