• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Were goin pullin

durallymax

Reaction score
Well two nights ago we put in the new gasket to fix the coolant leak but the threads on the oil cooler were stripped and last night when we filled it, it leaked. So we pulled it off and then put in a spare i had sitting here. But in the process broke the o ring for the coolant pipe. I got an o ring out of my o ring set but it was a little small. I put a bunch of right stuff gasket maker in there and it sorta sealed. It doesnt leak much so i can pull it. The dealership has an o ring so tomorrow ill drain everything again and fix it.

The electrical issues were easy, i looked under the truck and saw two grounds that werent hooked up, hooked them up and everything was good to go.

We worked on putting the re4st back together last night and me and a coworker who used to pull 2wd mod took off work today to finish the truck up.

Were leavin shortly for Union Grove where i have points hook tonite.

Then tomorrow night there are 3 pulls. St Jude benefit in sauk, the Steve Luther Benefit in Baraboo and a pull in Deerfield. Ill be pulling in Deerfield as it is a points hook for us.

I also backed the timing down quite abit int eh tune to save my rods. Hopefully everything works out.

and as always ill have videos.

Good luck bud. Give me a call when you get done.

Well I just got home.

The truck is still in one piece and runs good.

But i had some issues again. Tuning issues. This time was just plain dumb though. I had my DSP5 switched to my DD tune so when i came out of the hole it pulled fuel like crazy between shifts. I tried it again and it took some creative throttle work but i got it to stay in gear and go, but by then i was too far down the track and ended up getting under the charger because that tune didnt put enough fuel to it.

I finished with a pull of 287' which put me in the middle of the class dont know exact placing yet. A lot of strong running trucks there. Track wasnt the best but it came around towards the end.

However due to all of the jerking on my first attempt i have a shin thats killing me and a bent weight bracket.

Coolant leak diddnt leak bad at all.

I was actually really happy with the Bridstone Duelers. They were perfect on this track. I was alittle worried they wouldnt clean out well, but they do.

Still got another pull tomorrow night to see how it does with the right tune in it.

Well last night went better somewhat.

The "right"tune ran pretty good but i forgot to push record on the laptop so i dont know what i can safely change. Time for a checklist.

It came out of the hole real nice and i was on my way to a good run when for some reason my hand shifted to 4th. Then quickly back to third. I was able to walk it out a little more but it was pretty much done and just snuffed out.

Dont know the placing or distance yet.

There was some more broken stuff.

Right when the turbo lit it shot the exhaust off again and around that same time my drivers side traction bar bent into a nice U. all the way down the track the weight bar kept bending down more and more until the weights were dragging.

So this week ive got some things im working on.

Redoing the exhaust so its solid pipe that runs over the crossmember not under. No more flex pipe crap.

Building my new heavier, slightly shorter traction bars with new front mounts.

Fixing the weight bracket. Havent taken it out yet to see what happened.

Adding an extra driveshaft loop.

Removing the passenger seat and building a laptop mount in place of it.

Cleaning my cab out.

And hopefully get around to painting some of this stuff.

Next weekend we have 3 hooks as of now.

get a pic of that traction bar up lol i dont think it would make a good striper pull anymore lol

i think you mean stripper pole. Not sure what a striper pull is jeff??

Ill got get a pic now and whore it around the forums.

BTW Do you like the new name? It was a bit more fitting.

0614091753a.jpg

i think you mean stripper pole. Not sure what a striper pull is jeff??

Ill got get a pic now and whore it around the forums.

BTW Do you like the new name? It was a bit more fitting.
yea thats what i meant was doing to much when i typed that. I was on compd stiring the pot on garretts truck lol

Back