• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well....

durallymax

Reaction score
Last night we sat down to actually work on my truck and finish it. Havent had much time lately.

Everything was ready to go just needed to get it all put back together.

(I suppose I should explain for those that dont know, I had a cracked flex plate).

Anyways we get everything together very smoothly (only my 4th time) and we get the torque converter bolts in and were busy talking bout stuff and didnt count how many we put it but there werent any more bolts on the table. So to be safe we spun it to the next hole and......no bolt.

Now in a 60x80 Shop with our big disbine, two choppers, a tractor and our feedtruck all tore apart it is impossible to find a tiny bolt. We never actually did either.

We thought it may have fallen in the bellhousing but doubted it, however figured we would check.

I opted to just remove the transmission versus fishing it out with a homebuilt magnet setup as I didnt have the supplies and it takes Mike Ls team about 15 minutes to fish one out. I figured with my luck it would be more time wasted trying to do it that way so we decided to pull the trans.

As we were removing the torque converter bolts i dropped one down, so now we had a really good excuse to take out the trans.

At this time I ordered a pizza as the road were glare ice due to freezing rain. Im surprised they actually delived on a night like last night.

I bet my buddy we could get the trans out and back in before the pizza guy showed up.

Now, we had every last little bit underneath the truck finished driveshafts and all, so everything had to come back out. However we could leave the electronics, tranny cooler lines and transfer case hooked up. But the crossmember and all of the annoying bell housing to rear cover bolts had to come out.

Well it took us exactly 49 minutes to get the thing in and out, and that includes the call for pizza.

So basically all this post was about, was that I lost a Torque converter bolt and hopefully merchant has one he can send to me. I actually miss driving my truck now since we watched all of my videos today. Its been down for about 7 weeks now.

Last night we sat down to actually work on my truck and finish it. Havent had much time lately.

Everything was ready to go just needed to get it all put back together.

(I suppose I should explain for those that dont know, I had a cracked flex plate).

Anyways we get everything together very smoothly (only my 4th time) and we get the torque converter bolts in and were busy talking bout stuff and didnt count how many we put it but there werent any more bolts on the table. So to be safe we spun it to the next hole and......no bolt.

Now in a 60x80 Shop with our big disbine, two choppers, a tractor and our feedtruck all tore apart it is impossible to find a tiny bolt. We never actually did either.

We thought it may have fallen in the bellhousing but doubted it, however figured we would check.

I opted to just remove the transmission versus fishing it out with a homebuilt magnet setup as I didnt have the supplies and it takes Mike Ls team about 15 minutes to fish one out. I figured with my luck it would be more time wasted trying to do it that way so we decided to pull the trans.

As we were removing the torque converter bolts i dropped one down, so now we had a really good excuse to take out the trans.

At this time I ordered a pizza as the road were glare ice due to freezing rain. Im surprised they actually delived on a night like last night.

I bet my buddy we could get the trans out and back in before the pizza guy showed up.

Now, we had every last little bit underneath the truck finished driveshafts and all, so everything had to come back out. However we could leave the electronics, tranny cooler lines and transfer case hooked up. But the crossmember and all of the annoying bell housing to rear cover bolts had to come out.

Well it took us exactly 49 minutes to get the thing in and out, and that includes the call for pizza.

So basically all this post was about, was that I lost a Torque converter bolt and hopefully merchant has one he can send to me. I actually miss driving my truck now since we watched all of my videos today. Its been down for about 7 weeks now.

I'm glad your close Vinny.

It's a joy to drive them after awhile. :cool:

I like it this way. Otherwise you get used to the power. But after driving slow stock vehicles around all the time it will be nice to drive mine again.

However as stated there was an ice storm last night so that power doesnt do me any good. and probably wont till spring.

just finished it up. After talking to ron at suncoast I ended up making a bolt out of the stock ones that were left over. Just had to shorten it a bit, and clean up the threads.

I did drop another bolt but got lucky as the flywheel caught it and I was able to retrieve it.

I drove it for 2 miles and man was that fun.

Back