• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well, I manage to cure my dandruff

Drago

Reaction score
Been using my BioD soap as bathsoap and hair soap. The store bought soap breaks me out except for Ivory but that makes my head itch. Wife doesn't like it for laundry soap but it did get her to investigate making her own soap from basic stuff from Walmart such as Feldspar, Borax and some other stuff. The BioD soap works great for a general purpose cleaner for the car, stove, floor etc. I got my process down to the point where its about as hard as making a pot of coffee. Things are looking good......But Winter's Coming

I'd be afraid of any Methonol left over. I have heard it will cause blindness? Have you heard anything like that?

I looked it up, you have to DRINK at least a shot of it to potentially kill you, drunks need more of it to put them down. In soap making the Methanol is suppose to be boiled off at 150F or you can wait until it naturally evaps off, then you can start with the soap making recipes

From wiki
Toxicity

Methanol has a high toxicity in humans. If as little as 10 mL of pure methanol is ingested, for example, it can break down into formic acid, which can cause permanent blindness by destruction of the optic nerve, and 30 mL is potentially fatal,[18] although the median lethal dose is typically 100 mL (4 fl oz) (i.e. 1–2 mL/kg body weight of pure methanol[19])

Learned that in fuel school. Back when pure ethanol ( sugar or starch alcohol) was available at the pumps, they had to start adding methonal to it so people weren't buying it as drinking alcohol.

I have to remember to hold my breath when I lean over the drum. the other day I took the lid off of it to check the mix and got a nose full of Methanol that nearly dumped me off the step ladder

Wow. That's different. :D

Drago, maybe look into a methanol recovery system? It may be safer for what you're doing and using the remnants for.

Back