• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well, I Finally Bit The Bullet And Bought An Intake

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I Ordered the Injen / Amsoil one.

It should be here this coming Week. Once I get it Installed, I'll take some Pics and after some Driving, I'll Post up how it is Compared to my Current Lidless, Tornadoless, AFE Torque Tubed OEM Intake.

Not too many People, (if any) really have this Intake yet, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

White thigh highs, blue plaid skirt and white halter....................:drool5:.....Huh....what..........Huh

Last edited:
Got it Installed Today. Was Back Ordered when I placed the Order, but yet, it said it was In Stock. But wuddever. I got it now.

Install was only like 15-20 Minutes, if that.

Sounds good. Def has a Unique Sound to it over how I was Running the OEM Intake before.

Attachments

• IMG00116-20090221-1129.jpg
    IMG00116-20090221-1129.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The Elbow part of the Tube is a real Thick Metal, and has what they Call a "Wrinkle Black" Finish. It's like a Line-X kinda Finish, just without the Rubbery Feeling.

Everything Lined Up Perfect too.

K, since Driving for a few Days with this Intake it's Awesome. I can get the IATT (Intake Temp In The Tube) at or 1 Degree above Ambient.

I haven't run a Full Tank though yet. I'll be Filling Up inna few Days, so I'll see how much I can get to a Tank then.

Do you hear your turbo more? How much did it cost and where did you buy it?

Yea, the Turbo is Louder. Not as Loud as a Fully Open Intake, but Louder than the Sealed OEM Air Box.

Check with the Vendors here. They'll hook you up good.

Back