• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Weird Green Wire In Fuse Box(see pics)/Electrical Problem

ryanryan

Reaction score
Question for you guys, what is this green wire for in my fusebox under the hood(see pics), it goes to the little black box in the picture? It doesn't look like something that would come from the factory???? The only thing I can think of, is that when I imported my truck from the US, I had to get it safetied(certified). Usually when you do this, all the vehicle needs is DRL's. Which I thought was normal when I bought this truck, until later on when I started reading, I realized these trucks come from the factory with DRL's. I think the mechanic shop added this jumper to have the DRL's function, little did they know the truck already came with them.

Anyways, long story short...I have a set of HIDs on the way. I was washing my truck today and thought I'd pull fuses #28 and #30 according to the lid, to make sure that would shut the DRL's off. It didn't work! This brought up my suspicion of the green wire being a jumper for the DRL's....so I pulled the fuse that has the wire going into it, took the wire out, and put the fuse back in(by the way, the wire goes into the fuse in position #13), tadaaa! It worked! BUT, another problem.....when I did that, I got a "Service Four Wheel Drive" message on the DIC, no CEL. So, what's up, what's wrong, what do I do???!! Thanks, and sorry about the long post.

Attachments

• 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5
  • 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5
See if you can trace the other end of the wire to see where it goes. That will tell you for sure.

And, that's not a very well thought out wiring job either.

See if you can trace the other end of the wire to see where it goes. That will tell you for sure.

And, that's not a very well thought out wiring job either.

I agree, I'm not really happy with it.

I tried looking for the other end, and it either goes to that little black box in the one picture I have there(I believe the last one), or it goes through a grommet on the side of the fender.

Update!!

So, I'm pretty sure I answered my own question, but I want you guys to verify this for me. It was partial stupidity on my part.

Anyways, the green wire goes into the #13 fuse, which is the trans ign. Originally, I pulled the fuse and the wire and looked at the dash, it said SFWD. I put the fuse in and it still said the same. If I would have turned the key off and then back on it wouldn't have said SFWD. I just went out and tried this, so all is well.

On to the next thing, my theory! I think the little black box is some type of DRL module. The green wire goes to the trans ign. fuse, aso that whenever the ignition is on it tells the DRL's to be on(makes sense). The little black box also has a red and black to get power from the battery(makes sense). Then it has a brown, orange, and white wire that goes to the headlight area. I'm 100% sure this isn't stock and is simply there to have DRL's, just because of the way it is wired in(one wire squished under the fuse box lid, and the pos. and neg. are attached directly to the battery with little jumper wires). So tomorrow, I'm going to try and see where the white orange, and brown wires go, and most likely pull this black box out of there, unless someone tells me it is stock.

Long story short, I pulled the green wire out from the fuse and everything was fine(no SFWD message). So all I have to do when my HIDs get here is; pull #28 and #30 fuses. I hope!

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
I just looked at my fuse box and have nothing like that. When you pull it out google the part numbers if it has any.

Did it come from the dealer with that?

The Culprit!!

I pulled the DRL module out.....everything works fine now, and when my HIDs come in, all I have to do is pull the fuses. Here is some pics of it....

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 116.jpg
    116.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Is that a factory box? I don't have anything like that under my hood (at least I haven't seen it yet).

Back