• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Weekend of running done, more tuning and work to do.

06bowtie_guy

Recruit
Reaction score
This is the follow up to my thread in regards to tire pressure. http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=2288

Went to a local air port for some street legal drags, 1/8 mile. Got there Friday for some test and tune runs. Played with my tire pressure, ended up going down to only 40lbs before running out of runs. Best I could do was a 8.691 @ 89.368 MPH with a 60' of 1.918 sec. Average run was in the 8.7 range, 60's were 1.94.

My buddy with a 2500 ran a best of 8.27, not positive on the 60 I will post later though. His average runs were 8.4 to 8.43.

He's running on 265's and didn't play with air pressure. He launched on rpm and was always between 1950 and 2000rpm.

Myself I tried once to boost above 8 but had serious wheel hop, ended up around the 1800rpm mark which was 6-7 lbs.

Both trucks are running efi live, after a couple runs I actually put his tune into my truck and times didn't change. I'm running a fass 150 pump, he has twin tts pumps. He's running a banks intake, i'm stock.
He's got a 2500hd, crew cab, short box. Mines a 3500 SRW, reg cab, long box.

So anyways I'm going to get some bilstein shocks as mine are shot to begin with. Not sure what I'll do next but I have a month to get it figured out. I plan to totally lower my bars next time, instead of some cranks out I figure go right down, good idea to start??

So in the end, I'm buyin steak after this weekend....

FYI, last year my best was a 9.08 @ 79 so I did improve a fair amount but more to go....

Last edited:
All in all pretty good times. Try to Clamp your rear springs and make sure you lower your tbars, this should help it launch a bunch smoother. Also who made the tune your running?

All in all pretty good times. Try to Clamp your rear springs and make sure you lower your tbars, this should help it launch a bunch smoother. Also who made the tune your running?

both of those are solid advice. spring clamps make a HUGE difference in how the truck launches. they're streetable, and actually improve the braking a little, especially on an unloaded truck.

dropped tbars will get rid of a lot of wheelhop. cuts down on those front shaft angles......

Were these launches in 4wd? Nice times. Mine were not that quick but I was in 2wd and spun too much and weighed too much!

This is the follow up to my thread in regards to tire pressure. http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showthread.php?t=2288

Went to a local air port for some street legal drags, 1/8 mile. Got there Friday for some test and tune runs. Played with my tire pressure, ended up going down to only 40lbs before running out of runs. Best I could do was a 8.691 @ 89.368 MPH with a 60' of 1.918 sec. Average run was in the 8.7 range, 60's were 1.94.

My buddy with a 2500 ran a best of 8.27, not positive on the 60 I will post later though. His average runs were 8.4 to 8.43.

He's running on 265's and didn't play with air pressure. He launched on rpm and was always between 1950 and 2000rpm.

Myself I tried once to boost above 8 but had serious wheel hop, ended up around the 1800rpm mark which was 6-7 lbs.

Both trucks are running efi live, after a couple runs I actually put his tune into my truck and times didn't change. I'm running a fass 150 pump, he has twin tts pumps. He's running a banks intake, i'm stock.
He's got a 2500hd, crew cab, short box. Mines a 3500 SRW, reg cab, long box.

So anyways I'm going to get some bilstein shocks as mine are shot to begin with. Not sure what I'll do next but I have a month to get it figured out. I plan to totally lower my bars next time, instead of some cranks out I figure go right down, good idea to start??

So in the end, I'm buyin steak after this weekend....

FYI, last year my best was a 9.08 @ 79 so I did improve a fair amount but more to go....

Something is up with those MPH. With at 60 ft and MPH, you should be in the low 8's for sure. You are trapping 15 more MPH than me with a better 60 ft and only running .7 better.

The track is setup @ an air port and my buddy said the sensors for the speed arn't setup right as the guy who puts the event on likes to mess with speeds. Not sure but they are high compared to others I agree.

Was out this past weekend in another town airport. This time I was running my water meth kit. :)
Best time was a 8.308 with a 60' of 1.793. MPH was 86.233, same promoter.

This weekend I took 10 turns out of the t-bars and wow that really helps with the launch. CV's were straight along with the tie rods. Took off awsome.

Friday night in the gamblers race I made it to the top 5 then did a .499 light!!! :(
Saturday I made it down to the top 9 in the street class truck was getting slower and the previous run was bad so I decided to dial up close with a 8.45, ran a 8.40....

Truck is getting fast, I love it. In a few weeks I'll be headed up north a little ways for some 1/4 mile racing @ another airport but the town puts it on so hopefully the speeds are right. :)

Now i'm wondering how much my 285 bfg's in the 10 ply version hurt my et??

Were these launches in 4wd? Nice times. Mine were not that quick but I was in 2wd and spun too much and weighed too much!

Somehow missed this post when you did it. Yeah the runs are in 4X4. Helps out big time. As you said the truck just spins in 2wd.

Back