• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Week ago I modded my air intake box - Results posted

Update:

Before: I averaged 16.5 mpg
After: I now average 18.7 mpg

My style of driving didn't really change that much, I tried to drive the same. Either way, it still improved it, even the slightest bit though. I'm happy!

Not sure, I don't believe so. I only did it a little over a week ago. Haven't noticed a difference yet. Will be checking it over the weekend

i'm going to do this to my truck tonight i think. i'll do just about anything i can to improve my mileage with diesel at $4.50 a gallon here now.

Does this mod cause the air filter to clog up sooner then normal?

Not unless your in a real dusty area..but it would still be a wait and see type of deal...I've had mine done for a year...and I don't go through filters any sooner than before I did the mod..Although, I change mine out sooner than most.:sifone:

One more stupid question. Will this throw any codes? I can't see how it would but wanted to make sure. Thinking about doing this mod over the weekend.

I removed the "tornado" LOL! from my 06 air box when I replaced the filter and plan to put it back in place this weekend. I drive alot of dirt roads and occasionally in some weeds and I noticed with the blades in place, the dirt and grass seeds gets thrown into the drain tube and without, the trash and dust are being sucked straight into the filter. My airbox itself was dirtier before and the filter was cleaner. I compared this filter to the original one and with 20K on each the original filter had alot less trash wedged into it. Since I only use the truck to go to the camp and pull the TT, the gain, if any, will not be missed, but it sure is nice to know it was working as designed and keeping trash out of the intake.

I would be interested in doing this as well, but my only concern is sucking more dirt or clogging the filter quicker because of the mod. If you wanted to go back to stock....well, it would require a whole new air box. I would love to do it and see if it makes a difference, but sucking more dirt/particles through there doesn't sound good either. What do you guys think?

I'm still standing by the CAI...I alwasy buy them, I always see a difference, and No one can change my mind on this... I am trying to get a D-Max dyno sheet to post to show that it is worth it...

I know the guys at two companies so I am going to get the dyno sheets from at least one of them....its a little easier to get information when you are in the biz...ya know?
My truck actually ran better with the factory airbox and air cleaner.Although it does sound alot better now with the Cold Air Intake.I actually lost 2/10th's of a second by changing out the stocker.:incazzato:

I would be interested in doing this as well, but my only concern is sucking more dirt or clogging the filter quicker because of the mod. If you wanted to go back to stock....well, it would require a whole new air box. I would love to do it and see if it makes a difference, but sucking more dirt/particles through there doesn't sound good either. What do you guys think?

The oem filter does a dang good job..more air is a good thang..

As for clogging up, olr letting more dirt into the motor, won't happen..If it's dusty where you drive, ya may have to change the filter a tad sooner..Just Do It.. here's the link for da mod.
http://www.pacificp.com/pdf/manuals/LLYLBZairboxmod.pdf

Back