• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Weatherpack Kits..Where to buy?

HighSierra86

Reaction score
Ok guys, I started searching online for a kit containing the factory GM style plugs and Im a little overwhelmed now. Most of our trucks are say in the 95'-98' era. I cant seem to figure out if I should be buying a metripack kit? Or weatherpack? or something else?

I would be looking for a full kit with different sized plugs alont with the crimp and removal tool. Does anyone have any suggestions on maybe what kit to buy and from where? I dont deal much with electrical wiring and when I do it is usualy a quick job with less than quality connectors and parts. Trying to step it up a bit and need some help. Thanks for any hints

-Nick

Thats alot easier than it sounds. I deal with alot of different connectors almost everyday. Seems to be a mix of weather and metripac on our trucks. Between knowing and identifiying the part you need you also have wire gauge size differences, cable seal differences, retainer differences... it gets to be very tedious! If you make a list of what you want I can get them.

Thats alot easier than it sounds. I deal with alot of different connectors almost everyday. Seems to be a mix of weather and metripac on our trucks. Between knowing and identifiying the part you need you also have wire gauge size differences, cable seal differences, retainer differences... it gets to be very tedious! If you make a list of what you want I can get them.

Trust me. I didnt expect it to be that easy. Haha. Thats why I posted the question here.

Yea I really was just looking for a kit to use when making my own harnesses for the truck, but it would be an added bonus if I was able to replace any broken or missing OEM connectors on the truck from the same kit.

I found one site that said GM used the weatherpack connectors up until 94' but after that they switched to metripack until 98' or so.

Leroy, do you sell any assorment kits? or just the connectors/pins/boots as needed?

Thanks
-Nick

Here are a few sources:

http://electerm.com/kit.html -> Scroll down to the GM/Deutsch kits. They'll make them for you too.
http://crimpsupply.com/packard-delphi -> You could make your own kit.

Both have a lot of stock and ship same day.

Ok guys, I started searching online for a kit containing the factory GM style plugs and Im a little overwhelmed now. Most of our trucks are say in the 95'-98' era. I cant seem to figure out if I should be buying a metripack kit? Or weatherpack? or something else?

I would be looking for a full kit with different sized plugs alont with the crimp and removal tool. Does anyone have any suggestions on maybe what kit to buy and from where? I dont deal much with electrical wiring and when I do it is usualy a quick job with less than quality connectors and parts. Trying to step it up a bit and need some help. Thanks for any hints

-Nick

Here are a few sources:

http://electerm.com/kit.html -> Scroll down to the GM/Deutsch kits. They'll make them for you too.
http://crimpsupply.com/packard-delphi -> You could make your own kit.

Both have a lot of stock and ship same day.

Thanks for the links. The weatherpack kit on the first site looks good. Bit pricy at $187 plus the economy tool for $67. Very helpful on the phone i will add. If I was local and able to pick it up, I probably would have done it. Thanks for all the help so far guys. Im gonna search some local vendors and see what I can come up with. I shall keep you posted.

-Nick

Speaking as someone whom spent a few years designing, drawing, specifying and sending out RFQ's for cables I have some input to this.
Connector types with a narrow focus like WeatherPack and MetriPack are not as available in small quantity because the OEM only wants to work with large customers and when you can find them the range of part numbers are limited and the price is high. Some of us would like to fix our own connectors with out using those goofy "pig tails" and make the occasional one off cable. Along those same lines high quality automotive wire is hard to find in small quantities in a range of gauges and colors. Sounds like a biz opportunity for someone (hint hint) :hihi:

Back