• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Water/Meth vs. IC

What is what? Money is the stuff you spend to buy stuff. Trucks are the automobiles that bring us here. An A-Team turbo is the Turbo that Slim Shady and Turbine Doc are working on. Intercooler is the charge air cooler that doesn't inject stuff into the intake. W/M is water/methanol, stuff squirted into the intake to cool charge air, and IAT's are intake air temps. ;) :D

yea I got to ride in Turbine Doc's truck this summer, and it blew me away. The turbo is unreal when matched with the HP4, and after talking to tim for quite a while, it appears as tho IAT's straight from the turbo dont necessitate an intercooler which has restrictions, and you could set WMI up for high-AIT situations which saves big-time on the useage. I think that set-up is simple and VERY effective.

yea I got to ride in Turbine Doc's truck this summer, and it blew me away. The turbo is unreal when matched with the HP4, and after talking to tim for quite a while, it appears as tho IAT's straight from the turbo dont necessitate an intercooler which has restrictions, and you could set WMI up for high-AIT situations which saves big-time on the useage. I think that set-up is simple and VERY effective.
i did read something about testing two different turbos from china and somewheres else, just didn't read the whole story. something about they bought 20 turbos from CHINA:yikes: is it a direct bolt in piece ?? if so i'm gonna have to wait till my bank (WIFE) OK'S it Ed

they tried a turbo from Japan, meant for Mitsubisihi heavy equipment, and then tried the Chinese knock-off, which was mildly different. They preferred the chinese turbo, so Slim ordered 20 from China and they're being made up with elbows to meet the 6.5 downpipe. the turbos boost performance, move more air with less backpressure, and improve milage. they use the same flange and only need a very minor oil drain adjustment.

the camper is now mounted on the truck. went for a short spin around town. we have a small hill here and from a stand still i punched the throttle down. i went thru the gears and watched the egt hit 1000f and then it went into o/d lockup and the egt's dropped to 750 and i still had full throttle going on and still going uphill. i am plenty buzzed:ihih: about heading up the coquihalla on friday. Ed

Back