• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

wastegated banks sidewinder for a 6.5?

devildogadam

Reaction score
Today I will be pulling the whole sidewinder kit off of a wrecked 1989 ford 7.3 idi. ( turbo, down pipe, guages, and trans comander) And then will be slowly putting it onto my 1994 6.5 but right now I can't seem to find much info online about the turbo and am wondering if anyone else has done what I am about to do.

If memory serves me correctly, I think it is a switzer turbo, but can't tell you much more than that. I think parts are getting hard to find for them since BANKS hasn't produced them in awhile(I think they went back to the non wastegated one).

In a few hours I will have all you he parts on my work bench and know more. I know the ones banks produced for the 6.2 was non-wastegated but the 6.9/7.3 kits got the wastegated turbo. I havent even been able to find a part number for the turbo. Just one for the while kit. I am lucky to know the old truck it is coming off. I have done a lot of work on it for the previous owner. I can't wait to have it on my little 6.5!

Well it is official. I am one happy camper!!! In one fell swoop I got a new turbo ( banks sidewinder te06h), and banks gauges for boost l, egt, and trans temp

Back