• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

wastegate control

littlejeepr

Reaction score
Is the Banks wastegate actuator actually worth buiyng for the lb7 or is there something better or will the stock one be good enough till I do extreme upgrades. I'm already starting to feel the itch:doh: It will only be worse once i get a tune in my truck:noidea:

Your waste gate works on vacume, this goes in line and has a pin hole in it and bleeds a small amount of pressure. you get an avg of 5Lbs more boost. Too much boost over pressurizes to motor and you will blow a head gasket at very least.

The PPE Valve reduces the pressure to the wastegate to trick it into thinking the turbo is making less boost thus allowing more boost to build before the wastegate opens.

When your turbo starts making too much boost it is overspeeding. Keep in mind this is just in this situation. The wastegate reroutes exhaust gases around the turbo to prevent overspeeding and surging. When a turbo is constantly oversped it wears out the thrust bearing which leads to excessive axial shaft play, broken shafts, ruined wheels and ruined housings.

Bottom line dont overspeed your turbo or very bad things can happen.

35psi of boost wont blow your headgasket on a LB7. They are stout. The 6 bolt design holds up well. and the gaskets themselves are good.

I just put in the PPE boost valve, and yes the arrow is the pointing the right way, but I got NO increase in boost pressure. I run the Edge Juice with Attitude and drove it around on Level 5 before the boost valve and watched my boost levels which maxed at about 22psi. After the boost valve it stayed the exact same and MAY have flashed 23psi for a millasecond. Whats up with this?? Im pissed.

This may be in my head but it did seem that it might give me more psi quicker and a little more torque just as my turbo wound up but I cant say...

check that i bumped up into the low 30's the other night, and dont know why that changed all of a sudden. But I am down in michigan near sea level and when i first installed it I was in the Mile high city of denver.... i didnt think that should effect it but either way my boost went from low 20's to low 30's so I'm happy now.

Back