• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wash mit info

WhitetailAddict

Recruit
Reaction score
I thought I would add this so those of you who are as particular with your truck as I am can see my findings.
I had to get a new wash mit, my other one was contaminated, and they had a few I never saw before.
I just thought a mit was a mit, but they had a lambs wool one and I thought I would give it a try.
Well I will say it works alot better than my old one. It holds suds and water better, and glides across the paint surface alot easier. It didn't swirl on my black paint, and it did not feel as abrasive as other mits I have used.
I never heard a review on different wash mits or sponges so I thought I would put one up. Feel free to add your findings.

i only use a lamb wool mit on my truck. i will use the more traditional cloth ones on the rims, tires, and tail pipe.

When I bought the dmax I bought a Micro fiber mit for it and Ive been impressed! I really dont think it would be good at removing anything thick like tree sap etc. though.

I uaually use it on the painf I also use a pole bruch to do the roof, windowsm grille, and bumper. :coolgleamA:

I cant speak to much to the wash mit as I only use it for washing the rims. I use a boars hair brush for the rest of the truck. http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/10bohawabr.html

That's where I buy my detailing stuff from... their warehouse is close to my office in Tampa and they give a 10% discount for walk-ins. Highly recommend thier Blackfire waxes.

I use a microfiber wash mitt and this grate-looking thing called a grit gard that goes into the bottom of the bucket. Basically keeps the mitt off of the bottom where any sand or grit settles to so you're not picking it back up in the mitt.

The test as to wether a wash mit, or any other towel or rag, should be used on a vehicle's clearcoat, is to take it and rub it on a CD.
If it leaves any marks on the CD, it may leave marks on your clearcoat.
As these mits, or towels are used, they may pick up debris, which will also scratch your vehicle.
Washing the mit or towel will also change the softness.
I never use a wash mit more than a couple of times, then throw it away. The thicker it is, like those nice lambs wool one's, will pick up hidden debris.
The microfiber wash mits (blue in color) at Costco are cheap, they come in a six pack, and pass the CD test.
They are inexpensive enough to where you can afford to throw them away after a couple uses.
I use a leaf blower (185mph, 4lbs) to dry, so no towels to worry about, and is great for mirrors, grills, lights, windows, and any other places where watet hides in cracks.
For polishing or sometimes where you have to touch your vehicle with a towel, those yellow microfiber towels at Costco also pass the test, and at $9.00 for 24 of them you can use them a couple times and throw them away.

Back