• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

wanting to get info on a cummins swap

tyler111991

Reaction score
I have a 1992 C3500 6.5. When i got the truck i had alway planned on dropping a 12v in, but dont really know where to find some info on it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my 4L80E would handle it ok? and if the front suspension can handle the extra weight? My brother put a 12v in a 3\4 ton suburban that had a 454 in it originally, but it had a SAS so he does not know how IFS would handle it. He used an allison 3000 tranny out of a fire truck. I know a place around here that sells adapter plates to bolt the motor up for 800 bucks, and sometimes they have wrecked dodge trucks with good motors and intercoolers for a good deal.
thanks, tyler

PM Z79outlaw (Nick). He might know something about that with his build he's been working on over the last couple of years.

wow thats a great thread its already answered many of my questions in just the first 4 pages! haha. Im going to start one when i get the project started. Im thinking about just using the stock tranny out of a dodge, it should hold up ok because the motor will stay pretty much stock (for now) haha. thanks

Back