• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wanting junk 6.2/6.5 blocks and heads

n8in8or

I never met a project I didn’t like
Reaction score
I know it sounds weird but I’m looking for 6.2 or 6.5 blocks and/or heads that are cracked, worn out bores, messed up starter pads, whatever. I am doing some mock up this winter and don’t want to use good parts to do it. I’m located in Kalamazoo, Michigan so the closer to me the better. I’ll pay at least scrap price.

I have a long block sitting under a tarp. Pulled it after seeing a gloop of sludge for oil and a nasty UOA.

Toward heads, I grew up never really thinking that I had one as my mother always said that she was surprised it was still on my shoulders :D

Too bad that long block is all the way over in Maryland.

Parents can be cruel, eh!?
I shipped a pallet loaded with blacksmithing equipment and odd and ends of stuff to My son in Alaska, through Old Dominion trucking, it was 300 bucks. probably would be 1/2 of that to ship that engine from Maryland to You.
Might also be some of the guys in the forum traveling that might be able to get it shuffled closer. I know if I was in the area I`d do what I could to help out.

I shipped a pallet loaded with blacksmithing equipment and odd and ends of stuff to My son in Alaska, through Old Dominion trucking, it was 300 bucks. probably would be 1/2 of that to ship that engine from Maryland to You.
Might also be some of the guys in the forum traveling that might be able to get it shuffled closer. I know if I was in the area I`d do what I could to help out.
Wow, that's pretty cheap. Thanks for that info. Still probably too much to spend on a junk engine, but good information none the less.

Back