• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro rebuild kits

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Your PM's are full.

Need the standard pressure kit and a kit for the 15PSI unit you sold me. I fear it ate too much dirt and want to rebuild it to be safe.

I called yesterday to see if they had a rebuild kit and they dont, but he did say if you can list the parts you need he can get them.

I hate to tear it down without parts. It appears to need new valves and the top gasket. Is it even worth rebuilding?

Do they have a parts diagram?

Unfortunatly they don't have a "kit" let me know what part/s you need (if you know) and I'll see if a diagram is available.

I called Walbro and left a message. They called back and are going to send out parts to fix the issue. I told them what I did and that I did not expect warranty to apply with the bad tanks/fuel/etc. They indicated they were working on kits, but, are taking care of me no charge. At least I get a break on 6.5 parts for a change. Maybe I am the only one to FUBAR a Walbro pump and as new is the FRB-15 is...

Sigh... this gives me serious concerns about the IP's condition.

In this case a pre LP filter would have just plugged and be another expense. Too much dirt and slime going through the system. After all I plugged every screen and sock in the system pre-post filters did not matter. The pumps do have a screen in them that does the job. This screen plugged and I removed it. The tank sock has a bypass in it and will let dirt in that I didn't know about. Best to run without a hard to service sock and just use a pre LP filter.

I am looking at a pre LP CAT type of filter. Perhaps it will cut down on LP failures...

Even without a screen in place the lift pump screen bowl had a sludge/rust buildup half way up the bowl. Looked like someone had spit used chewing tobacco in the bowl. The FFM was simply disgusting.

Who the hell did you piss off?

For someone to keep dumping sand into your tank. :skep:

What is clogging your stuff all up?

Back