• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro lift pump

Is the Delphi pump a different type of pump mechanism or does it work the same as the Walbro Leroy sells? The reason I'm asking is because, even with vibration isolators, the Walbro has caused some unwanted rattles to show up at the same resonance as the pump pumping. I don't want it to get worse in time and figured that if I had something that pumped "smooth", such as the Air Dogs, and didn't have the persistent knocking, then it might be a better solution for me.

Secondarily, will the Delphi allow fuel to be pulled through, if it fails?

Different than the Walbro. Much smoother, quieter, and doesn't pulse.

Flow on fail, I am going to say yes. I can blow through this pump when it's off. Time will tell man. I am sick of replacing Walbros every 2 years. So far am really happy with this pump. I have ATT, Heath tune, feed the beast, and tow a 9000 lb toy hauler up the Sierra Nevada mountains quite often and this pump has kept the fuel pressure the best out of all the different stock ones I've tried and the 3 Walbro FRC-10's I've bought.

Back