• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro Install

indybeck

Reaction score
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...:D

A few pictures of my install

1. Picture of the whole plate.
IMG_0366.jpg

(P.S. I don't like the scotch locks in the bottom of the picture, but I just found them. They are for the fifth wheel connection in the box, but I have never used it.)

2. Picture of suction line to filter housing connection.
IMG_0367.jpg

3. Picture of the pump to outlet line.
IMG_0368.jpg

4. Picture of the pressure line to one of Leroys fabulous barb fittings.
IMG_0369.jpg

5. Picture of the mounting to the frame rail. I used two 3/8ths bolts.
IMG_0370.jpg

Looks good, what did you do for power?

FYI: I took your pump to the post office on the way to the hospital last week :D .

I cut the plug off of old pump, and used uninsulated butt connectors with heat shrink. I have wired the ops to a relay to power the pump. You can't start a story like that without finishing it...:bigear: --I'm all ears!

Thank you for getting my pump in the mail first! Just kidding, everything must have gone well, and hope you are feeling better...best wishes!

Heres mine, I mounted the filter after, I just cut the steel fuel line behind the torsion Bar Crossmember and flared it 37 degrees to go on the AN fitting, I did it all at the same time to eliminate the Fuel Manager, used Walking Js fitting in the IP
IMG_0582.jpg

Heres the filter set up
IMG_0578.jpg

I like your setup! The stock fuel manager seems a little odd, I would think a common spin on filter of some sort would be a little better. It has to flow better and be easier to service. What did you use? Did you make a bracket for the filter head or ???

I made the bracket it comes off the Mount that supports the Upper Rad hose, I Tigged a 1/8 inch plate to the front of the bracket cause it was only 11 gauge, Then I just cut a couple pieces of 1/2 inch tubing and Fit them to the angles drilled some holes Tigged it all up
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

I wish I had access to a tig welder! Bracket looks amazing. I had to settle for mig. I used 2" tubing to 3/16ths plate. and then a small piece of 1/4" to space fuel pump out.

Don't hold me to this yet, but Im pretty sure I will be selling the Wix mount and a Wix fuel filter for $60-$65

Any interest to anyone in those for $60-$65??

I put my fuel pressure gauge on the tee last night, 0 to 10.5 PSI, and pegged it out. As soon as I get a higher gauge, I'll let you know what I get. I got to put a few miles on my truck tonight, and it runs smoother, and sounds less labored. I am super happy with the pump. Anybody else gonna share their install?

Yea, especially if you can make some kind of bolt on mount with it.

No welding skills here!

I will also have a bracket system (no welding) I just made a mount for the Suburban yesterday and will post some pics of it later. The Suburban is alittle different and will require 2 mounts one for the filter and one for the pump because the xmember is in the way Or I may look at one bigger bracket further back.

I put my fuel pressure gauge on the tee last night, 0 to 10.5 PSI, and pegged it out. As soon as I get a higher gauge, I'll let you know what I get. I got to put a few miles on my truck tonight, and it runs smoother, and sounds less labored. I am super happy with the pump. Anybody else gonna share their install?

I was amazed too, def can tell the diff.

Stay tuned

I think we need some pics of that winnie

I'll post the pictures in my Walbro thread and then post a link here. Will be easier for me to keep track of that way. I have only 3 mounts coming, I'll be picking them up next week.

Back