• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro FRB5 upgrade spring.

Mine only puts out 5-6 psi. I do have a fuel leak on either a return line or an injector on the pass. side that needs correcting.

Exploded view of the higher PSI unit FRC-10 with the longer armature of the FRB-5 below it. Note the black valve in the bottom if you pour the contents of the pump out by NOT using the small magnet. I don't recall if the yellow plastic part is for the FRC-10 only.

The top doesn't have ANY required way to go back on. The hole in the gasket and the freeze plug is so they can fill the unit with black vibration proofing epoxy after testing.

Don't forget these pumps are rated for up to 100% biodiesel. I have yet to see one rated for 110% biodiesel. :D

frc-10.jpg

@Burning oil are you still carrying these upgrade springs? :)
Sorry no. Walbro and Carter sent their pumps to China to be built. Ive had way to many problems since so have stopped carrying them.

If you want a great LP system look at my Raptor 100 kit/s Ive been selling those since almost day one and never had a problem with one yet. They have a lifetime warranty and are made in USA.
Thanks.

Ah, I see! I've had two walbros on my burb for about a year now, but the FRB-5s are as you know a little low on the pressure sometimes, so I've been trying to source those springs to see if they would make life better, but so far no luck!

I guess I´ll have to wait until one of them dies, and then think new! 😂

Thanks anyway!

I have a dozen or so square one gallon paint thinner containers with one side cut out, use them for components storage. About 6 or so is filled with all sorts of different styles of springs.
Maybe measure the ID, OD, length and diameter of the wire and I can find a spring that would be a little stronger than the one You have.
Also, Hardware stores over here has these display racks of springs, might be they have those over there too.
Maybe @Burning oil might have a part number for the spring He used to stock. If so then they could be ordered from most any source that deals in hardware and such.

That is so kind of you to offer, @MrMarty51!! I managed to find a us hardware site that could sell me a couple without killing me with the shipping. The part number from walbro is 98-3595 as far as I know. It will be exciting times if they actually ship them. I've tried ordering these springs before with no luck! 😂😂

It will be exciting times if they actually ship them. I've tried ordering these springs before with no luck! 😂😂
Keep us informed, if they will not ship them, then I think arrangement can be made to get them to You.
A lot of websites, when ordering goods, says will not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. My son when ordering components with that listed in their shipping, will have the goods mailed to me then I dont open package, relabel and send it to Him. LOLOLOL

I will keep you updated!
A little re-shipping is never stupid. I've been using a special service from a Norwegian based company with offices in NJ, that ships either via air or ships to Norway. They bundle stuff up so the shipping can be quite a bit cheaper than using ups or Fedex!

That is so kind of you to offer, @MrMarty51!! I managed to find a us hardware site that could sell me a couple without killing me with the shipping. The part number from walbro is 98-3595 as far as I know. It will be exciting times if they actually ship them. I've tried ordering these springs before with no luck! 😂😂

Call Walbro directly. They may be able to ship you the upgraded spring. I called them for a rebuild kit years ago when I took that picture and they shipped out the FRB-5 parts (I recall plunger and valves). No parts were available for the FRC-10.

Walbro Headquarters
TUCSON, ARIZONA
2015 West River Road, Suite 202
Tucson, AZ, 85704
Phone: +1-520-877-3000

@Burning oil Thanks for the Red China update. :banghead:

Back