• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro died.

1999gmc

Reaction score
Bought a Walbro last april and a month and a half ago I noticed it wasn't coming on with the wait to start light sometimes. Sometimes it would come on for a couple seconds and the wait to start light would be on for a few more seconds after. Sometimes it worked like it should. But every time I would be at a spot I could check for power and ground at the pump, it would run. So one morning, it didn't run at all. So I got my power probe out and it had power and ground at the pump. I jumped the relay, still didn't work, Put power and ground directly at the pump, and still nothing. So I knew for sure it was the pump and not my wiring or relays. The pump started working later that day so I figured I would just order a new one and swap it out when it got here. Then I found out they were on back order for a few weeks. New pump came in today. Put out in, and I can't believe how much better the truck runs. I opened the tee valve with the truck running today(pump was working) and fuel ran out. But it must have had lower pressure because it runs so much better with the new pump. Long story short. I'm getting a fuel pressure gauge permanently mounted so I can make sure it has enough pressure all the time. Thanks Leroy for getting the pump to me so quick once they come in!!!

This thread conviced me to buy the Raptor 150 pump. I was going to go for the FBB 5. Hopefuly my decision will get me more than 1 year on the pump.

Any products or parts can fail within a short amount of time.

They call it 6 sigma but there is some parts that are out of 6 sigma region that makes to the users, unfortunately.

It is just the nature of the business and manufacturing.

Any products or parts can fail within a short amount of time.

They call it 6 sigma but there is some parts that are out of 6 sigma region that makes to the users, unfortunately.

It is just the nature of the business and manufacturing.

I totally understand that. But a 30 or 90 warranty on a fuel pump it pitiful. I'm not going to spend $160 a year on fuel pumps. If I have a problem with this one, I will end up buying something else. I have a stock lift pump on my daughters 6.2L Blazer and it failed in about a year. Called up Napa, and they just delivered a new one to me, no questions asked.

I totally understand that. But a 30 or 90 warranty on a fuel pump it pitiful. I'm not going to spend $160 a year on fuel pumps. If I have a problem with this one, I will end up buying something else. I have a stock lift pump on my daughters 6.2L Blazer and it failed in about a year. Called up Napa, and they just delivered a new one to me, no questions asked.

I agree with you, but also have to say the failure rate has been low (so far). Also we are just now getting to just over a year since the FRC10 has been out. So more failed pumps are bound to report.
Again I agree with you about not having to replace them every year, as a matter of fact if it becomes a problem of high failures I'll stop selling them.

Also, I do sell PureFlow (Raptor) products and will beat anyones price on the 150 kit or 100 kit. Just PM me your best price and a link I can verify.

I'm not not upset at all with you Leroy. I don't expect you to warranty something you can't get reimbursed for. I am upset with the warranty Walbro has. If this one fails I will probably just go with the Raptor.

I agree with you, but also have to say the failure rate has been low (so far). Also we are just now getting to just over a year since the FRC10 has been out. So more failed pumps are bound to report.
Again I agree with you about not having to replace them every year, as a matter of fact if it becomes a problem of high failures I'll stop selling them.

Also, I do sell PureFlow (Raptor) products and will beat anyones price on the 150 kit or 100 kit. Just PM me your best price and a link I can verify.

Sorry Leroy. If i would have known, i would have bought it from you. I am just finding out now who folks are on here and i feel a bit bad for not buying my pump from a SV. Also I thank you for your support even though i did not buy the pump from you. you provided me with great info the company i bought my pump from did not supply.

Back