• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Waiting on a tow trying to figure codes

Did you check your glow plugs?

Did you load test your batteries? I've had several new but bad batteries in the last several years.

Did you do a complete lift pump test? Including running about 3/4 gallon into a jug? I use a gallon pickle jar. Let the fuel set about 20 minutes or so and look for crud and water bubbles on the bottom.

Check the oil and coolant.

Check/clean the grounds add as necessary. I add a ground to the battery box to replace or augment that little screw to the fender. From there, on the same wire, I run down to the frame ground by the starter. I run a ground from the battery to the stud at the back of the intake. I've seen several instances of that stud losing ground.

I ad a ground from the heater blower to the dash support bolt right next to it. That gives a backwards route for the PCM to get ground. It also gives relief to the undersized stock ground cable for the blower.

Did you try a known to be good PMD?

Most times the problems are simple. It's just a matter of tracking them down. Usually the problems are found or corrected by the time you get through all of the basics.

Back