• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

VW TDI P2031 Engine Code

I am guessing you got your jetta fixed? That part is only $180, cant imagine that they are too hard to install. I have an 05 Jetta TDI and I love it! 360,000 miles and it runs totally perfect.

Yep. $577 later and I was in business. I hope it stay reliable. I plan on keeping it for a while.

Yes, the next DPF (or emissions) problems I have. I will probably let that fall off..

Did you not get the DSG flushed at the 40k service? It should get flushed every 40k....

We have an 09 Jetta TDI/DSG and the 12 Passat TDI/DSG. Yes, the 40,80,120k services are $700 for all the maintenance (DSG flush, oil change, fuel filter, etc) but if you amortize that out, it's a cent or two per mile. The overall cost of ownership, including fuel, is still way lower than a lot of other cars we've owned. And I'm too lazy to change the oil on them, so they get taken to the dealer for all the services (only cars that do). Passat has 92k, Jetta has 70-something. Timing belts at 120k aren't going to be cheap though.

The DSG is a wet-clutch transmission, and do wear the fluid out, like an auto trans. It is a required service. Their usual service life is 150k+, and they're not cheap to rebuild when that comes time. Proper maintenance is much cheaper.

I'm getting my 70K oil change this week. I'm going to have to think really hard between 70 and 80K because shelling out $700 for this is crazy.

...and it seems the more mileage I get the more "upcoming" costs that are due. What does that timing belt change cost?

For the hell of it have you seen what Chevrolet would do on a trade for a diesel Cruz?

For the hell of it have you seen what Chevrolet would do on a trade for a diesel Cruz?

I haven't yet. I'm tempted to. I'm also tempted to sell it and buy a Honda Civic..

I test drove a cruz, it was a fun little car. If I could afford a payment, I would jump on one quickly. I just wish they came with a standard shift transmission.

Back