• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vintage JD 4020 meets Foose

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
It was immaculate before he touched it, not my thing after he made it look like a honda civic. maybe its just me?
Gotta love them 4020s though :thumbsup:

That whole 20 series is a great run of tractors. I've spent...countless hours on a 3020 & 4020. Personally I've always wanted a very early 8020, 200 drawbar HP!!! Articulated too. :D Oh, I almost forgot, my dad's smallest tractor was a 2020 that he put a JD front-end loader on.

3020:
John_Deere_3020.jpg

4020:
1966JohnDeere4020Diesel.jpg

Some sweet pictures of 8020s. http://www.infinityfarms.com/johndeere8020.htm

That whole 20 series is a great run of tractors. I've spent...countless hours on a 3020 & 4020. Personally I've always wanted a very early 8020, 200 drawbar HP!!! Articulated too. :D Oh, I almost forgot, my dad's smallest tractor was a 2020 that he put a JD front-end loader on.

That 3020 looks better that one of ours,
picture.php

Block heater caused the fire.

We bought a second 3020 at auction. A tree had falling on it and bent the frame rails.
Dad Ebay'd some rails and fixed it up. Waiting to find all the parts to fix the one with fire damage.

looks like absolute crap, IMHO. It was amazing before he touched it.

83GMCK2500, good luck getting an 8020, they are rare, and I saw a non-running complete one sell for over 50 grand. Made my old man feel like crap cause he attended an auction where one brought about 3 grand. that was in the mid 80s. would have brought more if one would have bid, cause it was a big farmer buyback auction, so no one bid on anything they didnt really need.

If you want to drop down to Nyssa tractor salvage in Nyssa Oregon, they have the full 20 series hydraulic FWA set (3020-4620) Dad is friends with the guy, and he said the 3020 was the hardest to find. he found a gas powereshift version.

looks like absolute crap, IMHO. It was amazing before he touched it.

83GMCK2500, good luck getting an 8020, they are rare, and I saw a non-running complete one sell for over 50 grand. Made my old man feel like crap cause he attended an auction where one brought about 3 grand. that was in the mid 80s. would have brought more if one would have bid, cause it was a big farmer buyback auction, so no one bid on anything they didnt really need.

If you want to drop down to Nyssa tractor salvage in Nyssa Oregon, they have the full 20 series hydraulic FWA set (3020-4620) Dad is friends with the guy, and he said the 3020 was the hardest to find. he found a gas powereshift version.

Yeah, I've seen a couple 7020s, never an 8020 in person. If it isn't MFWD I don't want to go near it. I very much dislike the hydraulic assist. Did you know they overdrive the rears by about 10%? Tire eating failure is what it is.:nonod:

There were at least two restored JD 8020s at the John Deere Expo show last year in Canandaigua NY. Gotta love the sound of the "Screamin' Jimmy".

WOW. That was a beautiful tractor before it was Foosed. That's more wrong than clubbin' baby seals.

what's wrong with clubbin baby seals?

i agree that it should have been left alone. i entered to win it, and if i do win, it'll go back to stock form.

He did mess that up...

2520 is one of the rarest. 3020 (diesel) engine in a 2020 chassis. Friend of mine has one in a powershift. That's a rare tractor.

Back