• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Video card

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
The drafting software I'm using says my video card won't support 3d views. It says I need one that is shader 6. Never heard of that. Also said it needs to support directx 12. Little bit of searching I did I was blown away by the prices. Are there any reasonably priced ones out there?

did a little googling and found this that might help. it could be just your drivers are out of date.

just one of the things windows isn't good at! finding our hardware. if the link I posted doesn't help. try opening device manager by right clicking the start button, choosing your display adapter properties, choose details. click the drop down box and choose hardware ids. right click the first value and copy. then in a search online paste the info and you might possibly find something that points to a driver. that's usually how I find drivers for older and outdated hardware I install windows 10 on that "they" say isn't supported. normally a windows 8 driver works fine, just try to find the most recent release date shown. if it's a pc like a dell. looking on their support site with the service tag or serial number sometimes helps.

1639290407592.png

I was in the loft the other day. Amongst a bunch of stuff is a high powered video card.
I do not remember why I got this card or what computer I was building when I bought it, or why it is still setting there in the box.
I’ll get a pic of it and throw it out here.
I imagine it was for something that I was running windows 7 on.
If it would work in a ten I know knotttt.
You are welcome to it if it os something You, or, anyone else could use.
Better than going into a scrap heap.

I'm reading into this, but found this that might be helpful.

but also be warned that it can put your pc at risk. you might post a a screenshot of the installed driver from device manager and the driver specs that your wanting to install. I'm sure the driver came from the AMD site to be sure it's legit.

Back