• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vid towing.

Nessmuk

Reaction score
Vid is loading on YouTube. I'm looking for input on timing, engine sounds, and...
I don't where, but my oil drops when I drive it.. I laid under it for nearly a half hour and no leaks. I put cardboard under it and revved it, no leaks. I drive it around the block, about 3 miles, lots of hills, lots of turbo boosting, come home, it's a pint low.

I've got mine vented to right below the frame at the front tire because of the blow-by putting oil in my upper intake. I was to scared of a runaway with the amount of oil I seen in there. Hasn't hurt my rear main seal

No venting to the street will not blow out seals.

Just do a run like the other one you did and compare oil loss. Could be you are burning the oil through the cdr. If so, plenty of options.

Appears there is some smoking in the engine compartment, is that from the power steering/brake booster pump ?
My truck was using a smallish amount of oil, a quart in about 1200 miles. I started using LiquiMoly and after changing oil made a trip to Denver, just over 1,000 miles and the oil was still right on the full mark.
Dont know what that stuff did but whatever it was, I`m liking it.

Went out and found the largest round, 4" outlet air filter on the local parts shelves. No one carries the BHAF Cummins filter. The one I found is twice as long as the AEM one I have. I'll plumb it in tomorrow.
Tomorrow, the good Lord willing, I'm on my way to Virginia with a 10k trailer in tow. Even with the weight hitch it squats the truck a bit. The 4l80 was built heavy and is working fine. Charged the breakaway battery, i have dual sway controls, a class 5 hitch, and 14 ply tires. If the engine and the parts bolted to it hold, it'll do it.
I'm mostly sweating the steering pump as it powers the brakes. So far it's never lost enough fluid to effect them. Also hoping the timing is right. It's close at worst as is.

Last edited:
My engine had a lot of oul inside of the turbo and the piping to the intake manifold.
I installed new CDR valve and that seemed to have slowed the oil considerably.

Here's a cross reference for the tymar/6637 filter.
ACDELCO A1474C
AIR REFINER ARM08-5011
BALDWIN FILTERS PA2818
BIG A 94637
CATERPILLAR 3I0003
CARQUEST 88637
CUMMINS 2912986
CUMMINS 3912020
DONALDSON B085011 H
DONALDSON ECBO85011 H
DONALDSON ECB085011 H
FLEETGUARD AH1141