• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vibration at idle in drive

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Picked up a vibration at idle in Drive. Nothing in reverse or idle and don't seem to notice it driving just sitting at a light in Drive. it's noticable. Anyone else experience this ? It's on my 98 Burb. I hope the tranny aint coming apart.:mad2:

First thing you should check is the motor mounts, See if the tabs of the shell are resting against the chassis. I have replaced many motor mounts in our former fleet of Suburbans. The rubber just doesen't hold up, and we used OEM mounts.
Check you oil cooler line closely over the front differential. When the mount goes, the line can rub on the bolt of the diff housing.

My pickup did this when the exhaust was touching the crossmember when i first installed the new DP. Any chance that could be your issue?

Check the bushing for the shifter in the frame. It could be worn and a motor mount shift could cause it to hit the non worn spot: like a ring ridge.
Check the idle RPM. Low Idle RPM causes mine to shake.

Something was touching something somewhere. I got the Dually stuck yesterday trying to pull out my stuck quad and in a fit of rage yanked the Dually out with the burb and the vibration now seems to be gone.
The Moral...
Beat the crap out of it until it either stops doing it or breaks so you can figure out what it was....:rof:

Well it's still doing it. Only after it warms up it seems and only in drive at idle. If I put it in drive at idle with my foot off the brake with parking brake on still there but if I let it roll it seems to stop. In reverse or neutral at idle , no vibration. It's seems to be a little worse lately. Driving along at even slight throttle , no vibe. ONly in drive at idle ...wtf???

I had that too for a while.
It has all but disapeared.
don't get paranoid,you worry to much.Its bad for your ticker.
if something is gonna break,its gonna break ye know;)

Back