• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Very cool hummer wheels

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
hummer wheel.jpg

I would love to have a set if they don't cost 4x's as much.
They are airless.

Any information on speed or weight rating on those? I almost bought a set of run-flats off a Humvee but I aint seen any like those before.

This is all the info I have. Did I say I want a set?

airlesswheel.jpg
airless wheel 4.jpg
airless wheel.jpg
airless wheel1.jpg
airless wheel3.jpg

The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on
these.
Just think of the impact on existing technology:
A. no more air valves...
B. no more air compressors at gas stations...
C. no more repair kits...
D. no more flats...

I aint seen nuthing about temperature, but that is cold. We get excited over anthing under 20*F. I did find this:

"this prototype tire, in development since 2008, has been designed to support the weight of newer "up-armored" humvees and sustain speeds up to 50 mph, and is able to remain viable even if 30% of the honeycomb web has been removed."

I think these on the HMMWVs are being made by Resilient Technologies.

I Bet the honey combes would be packed with ice and snow for the winter months and be real un balanced at times. Probley be good for summer months though

Ah yes, the "tweel" surfaces again.

The open sidewalls are for demonstration purposes.

Production tires are supposed to have conventional sidewalls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be good for much other then military hummers if it's not designed to go over 50 mph... However, I have seen certain types of people driving on space saver donuts on the highway.

Michelin has been working on this design for years. I think they started it with BMW in mind. Or, that could just be because they are neighbors and work together a lot. I seem to remember them sayng that there was some complication they couldn't overcome but I don't remember what it was. I want to say it was vibration.??

I Bet the honey combes would be packed with ice and snow for the winter months and be real un balanced at times. Probley be good for summer months though

I would think the deformation as the wheel rolls would knock any ice off in a few rolls??

Wouldn't be good for much other then military hummers if it's not designed to go over 50 mph... However, I have seen certain types of people driving on space saver donuts on the highway.

They are being developed to replace passenger car tires also = high speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFvkg5TvE9w&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOVcYLG98M&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I bet these get killed for civy use for a long time just because spike strips wont work, Also you cant adjust flotation by air pressure. So its, go soft and slow or .... :hihi:
A small US company came up with the new concept of honey comb for the Hummer. Yes many have been working on airless tires over the years. The moon buggy was a good example of the tech.

Back