• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Van / Hummer 6.5 intake manifold wanted

Sand

Reaction score
Im starting to gather parts for my intercooler build and need the pair of intake runners and bridge manifold between the two for chopping chsnging and welding back together. If anyone had a Teds hummer takeout or dead van they swapped into a pickup and these were going spare let me know.
Cheers
Sandy

When I can afford a new turbo, I hope to eliminate my van manifolds- but that will be a long while. In retrospect I wish I used the lower truck intake- aka n/a hummer intake and just cut and modified the 2 rear runners to fit an ATT in there. My desire to avoid moving body height from n?a stock is now outweighed by RTD (Real Turbo Desire).

Did you call Teds?

Got an email in to them. Waiting. I too despise the body lift. I hope to lay my rad even further back with my HFD to allow the intercooler pipes to clear the top of the rad. I dodged the lift kit again.

HFD is hydraulic and fits the same. Unless you are having a custom one made?

GFD is geared fan drive and is the bigger fan and radiator. Not sure of any angle change- just sticks out front more needing the ecv front end.

Mine is a custom hydraulic motor driving a proper 24" fan from its own pump and leaves me to put the rad in wherever orientation I want. The fan is no longer linked to the engine. And fan speed is no longer tied to engine speed. Or radiator airflow temps either. And its reversible to blow the pine needles from the stack...

Back