• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Valve cover Removal

chevytrucksonly

Dixie Ridge Runner
Reaction score
Any suggestion on which way to remove and replace covers under the fuel lines (they have been taken loose from brace)? Or is it best to remove lines?

Michael

Best to remove them.

You may, MAY, be able to get away with pulling the upper and lower intake, disconnecting at the injectors, loosening at the pump and swinging them up out of the way.

But by that point, you've essentially removed them anyways.

Best just to take them off and not risk bending or getting contamination in them.

If not, you'll be bending them to get the valve covers to clear the rockers.

Bend them at your own risk, they operate at pretty high pressures and you risk cracking or weakening them if you bend them....

Cheers

I would remove them too, that's how I did it when I did my valve cover gaskets. It will make it 100 times easier to get the covers off and back on without the new gasket sliding out of place.

Also, while you have the lower intake off, you can replace the rubber fuel lines pretty easy, they are probably nice and hard from the heat of the valley.

Back