• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Valve cover Bolts?

chevytrucksonly

Dixie Ridge Runner
Reaction score
Lost note on the placement of where the stud type bolts go. What i remember is that on the bottom side of each V.C toward the front is where the studs go to mount the fuel return line and the fuel injector line bracket for both sides? All top holes use hex bolts and the bottom rear at firewall also?

MDS

Don't forget to have studs on the turbo side bottom about the middle for the bracket that holds the turbo shield. If you don't figure it out by tommorow I could probably take pics. Dark now. Also A stud goes for the dipstick IIRC.

Lost note on the placement of where the stud type bolts go. What i remember is that on the bottom side of each V.C toward the front is where the studs go to mount the fuel return line and the fuel injector line bracket for both sides? All top holes use hex bolts and the bottom rear at firewall also?

MDS

Mine also has studs in the top two middle holes on the passanger side. They have a bracket on them that leans over next to the lower intake and holds the heater hose going to the coolant crossover.

Looks great !!! Your attention to detail is impressive.
Thanks. It seems the more of these I do ,the more carried away I get.:eek:hmy1:
The heater hose/tube attaches to the center 2 bolt /studs on the lower intake on the trucks. Subs may be different if they have rear heat/ac.:???:

Attachments

• IMG_0680_14.jpg
    IMG_0680_14.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 14
Well, as long as you enjoy it. Great attention to detail. I ran across some of your pics a few months ago when your were setting up the oil lines with swivel joints-but can't locate the post since you have about 2300! Also do you know if or who is selling the p400 or Optimizer blocks?
Michael D
Thanks. It seems the more of these I do ,the more carried away I get.:eek:hmy1:
The heater hose/tube attaches to the center 2 bolt /studs on the lower intake on the trucks. Subs may be different if they have rear heat/ac.:???:

Back