• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

vacuum pump

busdriver75

Busier than hell...
Reaction score
i need a new vacuum pump because apparently i can't just take it out and replace with a shorter belt. where's the best place (read as cheapest place) to get one?? i need one ASAP.

whoever comes up with the best price, i will send a 6 pack of beer in the mail.

They sell aftermarket ones (electric) for hotrods. Wonder if you can make that work get some free HP ta-boot. Why do you need one anyway?

i've got california emissions on my truck, meaning vacuum pump. i heard you can just take them out and plug the line, meaning your EGR valve will stay closed then. but i'm not sure.

you should be okay with out it in there. just by the appropriate belt. same routing except where the pump is now it goes straight through instead of around the pump. if it is just not functioning and not noisy leave it there.

Last edited:
sounds good to me. i'll be yanking it off tonight and getting a shorter belt in the morning.

i've got california emissions on my truck, meaning vacuum pump. i heard you can just take them out and plug the line, meaning your EGR valve will stay closed then. but i'm not sure.

Pardon my ignorance having a non emission Lb7. :(

you should be okay with out it in there. just by the appropriate belt. same routing except where the pump is now it goes straight through instead of around the pump. if it is just not functioning and not noisy leave it there.

Thanks for the excellant info!

sounds good to me. i'll be yanking it off tonight and getting a shorter belt in the morning.

you get it off?? how much of a pain is it?? mine's in the shitter too, need to pull it. just wondering how much of a pian it was and whether or not the short belt worked. tired of fk'in with this thing.

thx

i've got an appointment at the dealer tomorrow ot get my injectors checked. i'm assuming they are going to tell me my vacuum pump is bad as well. i believe its supposed to be covered under the 5 year/100K emissions warranty (which expired about 60 days ago). if they don't offer to replace it for free, i'm going to tell them to ignore it and i'll worry about it later (pull it off myself).

i'll let you know how it goes.

well we know the reast of the story, you got new injectors and a new vacuum pump

Back