• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vacuum Pump Pictures..

Hydrauk

Hydrauk
Reaction score
Hello all...In case you wonder what a typical Vacuum pump in your truck looks like. I took some pictures. I would hope this way...you can now understand what to look for, if, when it comes time for removal. This was in a 1997 GMC Diesel. With A/C.

First off, You do not need to remove the pulley from the pump. There are access holes in the pulley itself.

The Pump is held on by 3 Bolts. I think they where 10MM Hex Head. Use a Socket wrench.

I was able to remove the pump WITHOUT removing anything else but the belt. It just takes a little struggle, here and there.

Entire removal took about 10-15 Minutes. I went with a Belt that was 1.5"
Smaller. Was tight at first...but set in just fine.

Since several trucks Differ with options, Like Alternator Size, A/C..or what ever...you will have to toy around with belt size.

Once the pump was removed. I left the bolt holes open. No problems.

Vac Pump Frnt.JPG
Typical Vacuum pump Front view.

Vac Pump Back.JPG
Back View.

Vac Pump Side.JPG
Side View

Vac Pump Pulley Hole 1.JPG
Holes in Pulley to access the mounting to block bolts.

Vac Pump Hole 2.JPG
Holes in Pulley to get to bolts.

Cheers,
David D.

Yeah, there are a few threads on this, but nice pics!

Since yours in 1996+ truck, you have the easier vacuum pump removal. The '94-'95 trucks you have to move the AC Compressor out of the way and take of the one bracket for the AC Compressor then remove the vacuum pump from the bracket and reinstall.

Back