• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

vac pump delete??

gmccrewcabdually

Reaction score
if i ditch the vac pump what els do i need to do other than the belt??

Pete

opps!! mod pleass move! SORRY!! i shoulp pay Attention to where i am putting things!!

***JiF edit. No problem, Pete.. moved.

Thanks for moving!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My K2500had a turbomaster on it when I got it. Sometimes when pushing it hard moving into traffic, such as onto a freeway, the SES light would come on and stay on (overboost) until I restarted the motor. It was more of an annoyance than anything else. For less than $5 I got parts from Radio Shack and did the boost fooler. No more SES light in that situation. Look up boost fooler, it's very simple to do.

Don

if you don't set it too high or run it fairly high sustained (towing) you'll be fine. if your going to do a tune they usually set it high or delete the overboost coding

ya HEATH is right around the corner I just found out so I plan on doing a chip from them!! but not for a bit! need to get the thing back on the road first!

So with a boost fooler I shouldn’t get any lights though??

Thanks

Pete

You'll get the SES from other sources but not from overboost IF it is set right. I set my pot at about 30*. The pot has almost 360* of turn to the knob shaft. So it doesn't take much.

Don

YUP all ready ditched the orange and black vac lines as thay where all cracked and busted!! thinking i might have over boosted and thats why motor went boom!!

thanks every one for the help!!!

Pete

Back